[MapProxy] Problem with full extent of a cache and see_only: true

Benjamin Wragg bwragg at isasolutions.com.au
Thu Jul 26 18:35:56 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I've cached an area using mapproxy-seed (levels 0-10, epsg 900913) and then serving it out via a WMS service in epsg 4326. It works great until I zoom out to the full extent of the world. When I do this I get no image, just an error in the xml:

<ServiceException>Request too large or invalid BBOX.</ServiceException>

I found this strange because when I was testing my setup before had set seed_only and ran mapproxy-seed it was working fine. So I did some digging and I've found that the cache that mapproxy-seed built is fine, but if I have seed_only set to true and I zoom to the full extent of the world I get the above error. When I comment out seed_only and zoom to the full extent it works; I get an image of the whole world.

I looked at the request strings for each instance and found they they are identical, both request a box of 210.9375, -140.625,210.9375,140.625. I this is technically wrong as the world finishes at -180,-90, 180, 90, I thought that might be the problem so I tried it in ArcMap and set it so that it requests a bbox of -180, -89.999, 180, 89.999 but I get the same error.

I also tried just requesting from the WMS server in epsg 900913 but I get the same error.

Any ideas? I'm sure I'm just missing a setting somewhere...

Thanks,

Benjamin