[MapProxy] Mapproxy and couchdb - folder named "http:" issues in windows

Dimitrios Karachalios karachalios at planetek.gr
Fri May 4 07:20:29 EDT 2012

Hello Oliver,

I used MapProxy in linux (ubuntu server ) with couchdb.

In linux , all worked ok and I notice that in the folder declared as
base_dir: './cache_data' a sub folder named *"http:"* is created.
I have the necessity to make work couchdb and mapproxy in windows .
I followed the same configuration and I change the directory to
base_dir: "cache_data" and  lock_dir: "cache_data/locks"

When I put the command

mapproxy-util serve-develop mapproxy.yaml

the demo site runs ok .
But when I try to navigate in the map , I received the following error

WindowsError: [Error 123]The syntax  of the file name,  directory or  volume  isincorrect:
  'C:\\pk_mapproxy\\pk_cache_couchdb\\cache_data\\http:'

It seems that MapProxy try to create a folder with the name http: as make in linux.
But in windows the character - symbol (  :  ) is not permitted during folder name creation.
How can I change that ?

Thank you in advance

  # # cache options
   cache:
     # where to store the cached images
     base_dir: "cache_data"
     # where to store lockfiles
     lock_dir: "cache_data/locks"
   #   # request x*y tiles in one step
   #   meta_size: [4, 4]
   #   # add a buffer on all sides (in pixel) when requesting
   #   # new images
   #   meta_buffer: 80