[MapProxy] Problem with seeding multiple coverages

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Thu May 31 08:42:18 PDT 2012

Oliver sent me the shapefiles and configs off-list.

On 30.05.2012, at 13:57, Oliver Schöne wrote:

> We have about 13 coverages, each coverage is represented by a single polygon
> (shape file). I looked at the polygons, they are ok. If we seed each
> coverage for its own, it works...

The issue is that you are only seeding one level. MapProxy must check for each tile to seed if it intersects with the coverage. It can skip larger parts only when seeding multiple levels. It uses the bbox of the coverage to limit the tiles when it starts seeding, so only a part of your tiles are checked for intersection. In your case, the combined bbox of the coverages is too large and it needs to check all tiles in that bbox (probably millions, since you grid contains 1.5 billion tiles at that level).

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn