[MapProxy] Error initializing Proj on EPSG:28992

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Nov 12 01:57:43 PST 2012

On 12.11.2012, at 10:04, Martijn Coenen wrote:
> Relatively new to Mapproxy, but very impressed about the capabilities and functionality of this "tool". The ease of configuration and the ability to bundle different sources (and types) will help me a lot here.
>
> The one and only issue I have, is our Dutch RD projection, EPSG 28992. One way or another, Mapproxy doesn't like it. It returns an "internal error" on the Demo and via the WMS service when requesting a map with this projection. EPSG 900913, 4326 and so on work fine (but with projection errors as I need 28992).

You have proj4 installed on your system but it can't find the EPSG definition files. You need to configure the PROJ_LIB environment to point to the proj4 directory that contains the `epsg` file.

You could also force MapProxy to use PyProj which uses an internal EPSG file. See http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapproxy/2011-February/000446.html

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn