[MapProxy] Installation issues on x64 Windows

Caroline Levey caroline.levey at oceanwise.eu
Mon Nov 19 07:07:36 PST 2012

Hi
I am new to python and map proxy and am trying to get the installation set up on an 64bit windows server.  Running the activate.bat it got nearly all the way through then came to an error
"Unable to find vcvarsall.bat"

I read on your installation notes about this issue which referred to the page Unofficial Windows Binaries for Python Extension Packages<http://www.lfd.uci.edu/%7Egohlke/pythonlibs/>.  However looking at this page I am unsure what it is I need to download from it.  Please can someone advise me?

Apologies for the very basic question, but this is my first try with python so am only just learning how it all works.

Also is there a way to search the archives of this list?

Many thanks

Caroline Levey