[MapProxy] Blurry text layer

Martijn Coenen Martijn at Covadis.nl
Tue Nov 20 06:55:18 PST 2012

> On 19.11.2012, at 17:02, Georg Aigner wrote:
> > I am caching tiles from geoserver on mapproxy 1.4.0.
> > Cached layer look good, but if i try to get with openlayer the text looks
> blurred.
> >
> > currently i am not able to find the reason. i use EPSG:900913
> > projection to cache, but if i set EPSG:900913 to open layer projection
> > the returned image is a transparent image without content. If i delete
> mapproxy cache and use EPSG:900913 mapproxy will return empty
> transparent image WITHOUT get an image from geoserver.
> >
> > so any hints?

Blurred images can happen when you are using tiled sources. Have one myself, when zoomed in, the image gets blurred.

Transparent images from a WMS source are "valid" images as in your request was OK, but at the requested point or bounding box there is no data at the source.
This can happen when you are using different projections as the source (as in the map 'thinks' you are in the US but you use a European source).

As Oliver wrote, please share something about the configuration and sources you are using with Mapproxy. It's a bit difficult to say what is going wrong with your setup when we can only guess what you are doing ;-)

Regards,
Martijn