[MapProxy] Installation issues on x64 Windows

Dimitrios Karachalios karachalios at planetek.gr
Wed Nov 21 05:16:12 PST 2012

You can try that workaround
http://slacy.com/blog/2010/09/python-unable-to-find-vcvarsall-bat/

"Just download and install *Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2008
<http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2008-Visual-CPP> *which is
/free/. Please note the 2008 part.  This must match the compiler that
Python itself was built with, and that’s the 2008 (NOT 2010) version.
  (See
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2010-April/1242706.html for
more details why 2008 is important.)"

--