[MapProxy] how is the cache purged?

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Sep 17 03:12:45 PDT 2012

On 14.09.2012, at 02:42, André Pirard wrote:
> This may sound weird, but I couldn't find any answer to this important question.
> Is the cache purged automatically and how?
> Or should one understand that it is not and that the user supposed to run mapproxy-seed periodically.

No, an automated purging of old tiles is not supported. One reason is that a simple "remove tiles older than two weeks" would not really work in most use cases, because this would basically deactivate the complete cache after two weeks if you seeded all tiles at once.

> Is the standard configuration suitable for that and what is the command to run?

No, you need to configure your caches in the seed configuration.

> These answers should definitely be found under cache in the documentation.

Suggestions and patches are welcomed!

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn