[MapProxy] LockTimeout issue (mapnik)

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Sat Apr 6 04:28:50 PDT 2013

Hi Fernando,

On 05.04.2013, at 18:31, Fernando Ribeiro wrote:
> I am facing a strange issue related with tile locking, while running mapproxy under apache httpd with mod_wsgi.

You're not the first one that noticed issues like that. The cause is not the locking, but that the Mapnik rendering hangs.

There is a ticket[1] created two days ago and we found a solution by adding `WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}` to the Apace configuration.
I've extended the documentation[2].

Dane from the Mapnik project responded yesterday, that this might be related with lxml. It would be great if someone can verify that by uninstalling python-lxml first.

[1] https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/issues/76
[2] http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/deployment.html#apache-mod-wsgi

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn