[MapProxy] Trouble reprojecting EPSG:4326 WMTS to EPSG:3857

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Dec 10 04:53:21 PST 2013

On 06.12.2013, at 18:10, Luke Roth wrote:

> I'm trying to use WMTS data provided by NASA
> (https://earthdata.nasa.gov/about-eosdis/system-description/global-imagery-browse-services-gibs)
> that is available in EPSG:4326.  To overlay it with my base map, I'm following the example in the documentation to reproject it to EPSG:3857.  However, the resulting map is coming out scaled up by 125%.  The only way I've discover to fix this is by scaling the bbox in the grid definition down by 125%, but that means that the last 25% of the globe is chopped off.  Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem?  Here's my conf.yaml file:

You need to configure the exact BBOX, tile_size and resolutions of your source WMTS service (see capabilities). You might get images back with different settings, but they won't align.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn