[MapProxy] Space in Layername

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Dec 11 05:32:41 PST 2013

Hi,

I fear I was wrong with the acceptable layer names.

Typename in WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 is of type QName and does not allow spaces
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd
However, layer names in WMS are of type string and spaces are OK
http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.3.0/capabilities_1_3_0.xsd

I have thought for years that OGC standards behave similarly with layer names and typenames but obviously they do not.

Thus ArcGIS server has acceptable layer names and the trouble is only in how to make MapProxy to pass them correctly. I hope this Mapserver thread gives some ideas for you.

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/cascading-wms-and-layer-names-encoding-td5058504.html

-Jukka Rahkonen-