[MapProxy] How to reproject OSM tiles

Matt Walker walkermatt at longwayaround.org.uk
Mon Jan 21 05:39:28 PST 2013

Hi HS,

An example of reprojecting OSM tiles can be found in the docs:
http://mapproxy.org/docs/latest/configuration_examples.html#reprojecting-tiles.
I'm using a similar configuration with 1.5 to make OSM data available as a
WMS in British National Grid (EPSG:27700). I had to experiment with the
resolutions a little to find a good compromise for the local coordinate
system but the results are pretty good. Here's an example for Birmingham,
UK: https://twitter.com/_walkermatt/status/265214223397842944.

Cheers,

Matt.

On 21 January 2013 11:57, <gdis at arcor.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to reproject OSM tiles to EPSG:31466? so I can use it as WMS (is it
> also possible to serve it as TMS?)
> I have a osm source with a custom grid and a cache:
>
> caches:
>   osm_tile_cache:
>     grids: [GLOBAL_MERCATOR]
>     sources: [osm_tiles]
>
> sources:
>   osm_tiles:
>     type: tile
>     grid: global_mercator_osm
>     url: http://tile.openstreetmap.org/%(tms_path)s.%(format)s
>
> grids:
>   global_mercator_osm:
>     base: GLOBAL_MERCATOR
>     num_levels: 19
>     origin: nw
>

> But how do i serve these tiles in EPSG:31466?
> I tried another custom grid with EPSG:31466 and created a cache with that
> grid. Unfortunately without any luck. MapProxy said that the EPSG do not
> match.
> Anyone has a tip for me?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Cheers