[MapProxy] Fwd: wms layer name

Seth Ellingson seth.ellingson at blackbridge.com
Mon Jan 28 08:49:45 PST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Seth Ellingson <seth.ellingson at blackbridge.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: [MapProxy] wms layer name
To: Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>

Thanks for the info Oliver,
  I think I wasn't very clear with the explanation I gave.  What you said
makes perfect sense, and isn't where I am having the problem.

I will mark the line that I am having the issue with.

sources:
  malawi:
    type: wms
    image:
      transparent_color: '#ffffff'
    coverage:
      bbox: [32, -18, 36, -9]
      bbox_srs: 'EPSG:4326'
    req:
      url: http://localhost/cgi-bin/Malawi.cgi
      layers: Malawi
      transparent: true
layers:
  - name: Mosaics
    title: Mosaics
    layers:
      - name: Malawi  <---------------------------- This name must match
the name of my cgi file

        title: WMS - Malawi
        sources: [malawi]

If I were to change the name of the layer (on the line that I have
mentioned) to 'Malawi_2012' or anything else, the mosaic would not load.
It only loads if this layer name matches the name of my cgi file.  I guess
the question is if there are any limitations on the name you can give a
layer in the 'layer' section of the mapproxy config.

Thanks!