[MapProxy] TMS layer with mixed tiles in leaflet

Gis Mage gismage at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 04:45:57 PDT 2013

Hi list,

I'm having a problem with displaying mapproxy TMS layer in leaflet. The
tiles show up in the wrong order, even if I set L.TileLayer tms option to
true.

My workflow is simple. I'm generating tiles with Tilemill, and then I want
to set up a caching server to cache the generated tiles.
I've been using TileStache for that, and the config looked very simple:

"tilemill_layer":
    {
       "provider":
 {
   "name": "proxy",
          "url": "
http://myhost:8080/tilemill-tiles/tile/MyMap/{Z}/{X}/{Y}.png?updated=1372699691000&metatile=8&scale=1
"
        }
    }

Then I added a tile layer from TileStache to leaflet map and it looked ok
(just like when I add it directly from Tilemill)

If I set up a mapproxy source like this:

  mymap_src:
    type: tile
    grid: GLOBAL_MERCATOR
    url:
http://myhost:8080/tilemill-tiles/tile/MyMap/%(z)s/%(x)s/%(y)s.%(format)s?updated=1372699691000&metatile=8&scale=1

I get reversed Y on MapProxy demo page. So I set up a new grid with another
origin:

  gmerc:
    base: GLOBAL_MERCATOR
    origin: nw

And set my source and cache to use this grid. Then it looks ok on the demo
page. But when I add TMS layer to Leaflet map, tiles get mixed up (and
that's not just flipped Y). If I add the same layer as WMS
(L.TileLayer.WMS), everything looks ok. But I want just to serve tiles.
I'm sure, I'm not the only one here using Leaflet framework as a client to
MapProxy (it's faster and lighter than OpenLayers). Can someone give me a
clue?

Nick