[MapProxy] New MapProxy 1.5.0 and yaml

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Mar 19 07:03:51 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 15.03.2013, at 18:31, A.Pirard.Papou wrote:
> I don't know Python but I have done in my life surprising things with languages I know little about (like an extremely useful watch dog for a blocking prone Internet access control system).
> I'm in a good position to fill the doc gaps with what beginners need to be said to understand.
> But alas, you don't say how those contributions can be transmitted.  Neither does mapproxy.org.

The documentation has a development chapter that should cover the most important stuff.
http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/development.html

The source for the documentation is here: https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/tree/master/doc

> So, I have put a proposed documentation update on this list, but that was without any reaction.
> Angelos Tzotsos provided a rpm module without any reaction.
> Before knowing the real problem, I mentioned my DEB patch without any reaction.
[...]
> So, I recommend Mapproxy to fully support DEB and RPM installation (85% of the Linux world).
> - either click on Mapproxy.DEB as usual
> - or install this and that DEB, create a virtual environment, use pip... and don't ask what KISS means.
> (You already quite rightly install pip prerequisites with DEBs in a few clicks; why not just one?).

Someone needs to create these packages. We don't have resources to officially support them (and to build them for each release).
The DEBs at http://mapproxy.org/static/rel/ are inofficaly and are only built for the OSGeo LiveDVD.

We could document DEB/RPM packages if someone steps forward to build these for each new release.

I made a comment to Angelos pull request, if you mean that: https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/pull/44

> When I read that message, I understood from "skipping for layer osm, and for layer XXX" that global_geodetic_sqrt2  isn't compatible with a WMTS source and I feared that mapproxy was believing that my sources are WMTS !!!
> I plead guilty for having overlooked "mapproxy.service.wmts", but yet, I suggest "is not compatible with WMTS service" to put the explanation fully where the reader has his eyes in the message.

How about: skipping layer 'osm' for WMTS service, grid 'global_geodetic_sqrt2' of cache 'osm_cache' is not compatible with WMTS

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn