[MapProxy] Expanding existing cache

Matt Walker walkermatt at longwayaround.org.uk
Tue Oct 22 00:11:52 PDT 2013

Hi Karsten,

The approach I've generally used when there is a chance that the extent of
a cache will need to change in future is to define the initial grid so that
it matches the extent of the SRS. If I only need a subset of the extent
initially I simply limit the extent or coverage when seeding and in my web
map client.

It's also worth noting that adding additional more detailed resolutions is
simple but adding smaller scales is  generally not. Because of this I tend
to define my resolutions so that the first covers the entire extent from
the start.

Hope that helps,

Matt.
Astun Technology