[MapProxy] Distortion around antimeridian/date line with EPSG:3338

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Thu Oct 24 05:01:00 PDT 2013

On 23.10.2013, at 21:37, Bruce Crevensten wrote:

> I'm trying to use MapProxy to present OpenStreetMap layers in a nonstandard projection, EPSG:3338 (Alaska Albers).  The end goal is to use this as a base layer in an app that adds other layers showing historical sea ice extent around Alaska, which is why this (or a similar polar projection) is needed.
>
> Instead of a clean map, I'm seeing extreme distortion around the antimeridian/date line.  Screenshot of distortion around antimeridian/date line is here:

Unfortunately there is no explicit support for handling the antimeridian in MapProxy (yet).
You will get unwanted results as soon as you cross the dateline (and that may happen internally when MapProxy transforms bounding boxes between 3857 and 3338).

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn