[MapProxy] MapProxy - WMS feed from MapProxy renders tiles with different scale when compared with OSM on MapServer

andrew kovacs andrewmrkovacs at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 10:00:13 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am having some trouble figuring out why my cached images in MapProxy are
a different scale than the source images on MapServer.  I have an OSM cache
generated on MapServer and I can query this service directly from my client.
The WMS feed produces clear images which are the correct scale for my map
extent.  However, when I request the WMS feed through MapProxy, the tiles
that are generated (from the same source as the initial request) the scale
appears to be off.  The images that are generated at the client level are
not clear.

When I use MapProxy/demo on the server the data appears to be correct.  It
is only when I request the WMS from a client that the scale is incorrect.

Here is my .yaml file:

services:

  demo:

  tms:

  wms:

    md:

        title: OSM for MapProxy

layers:

  - name: mapfile

    title: mapfile test

    sources: [topo_cache]

caches:

  topo_cache:

    grids: [global_mercator_osm]

    sources: [topo_mapserv]

    meta_buffer: 10

    meta_size: [4, 4]

    format: image/png

    max_shrink_factor: 1

    request_format: image/png

    link_single_color_images: true

    #disable_storage: true

grids:

  global_mercator_osm:

    base: GLOBAL_GEODETIC

    num_levels: 19

sources:

  topo_mapserv:

    type: mapserver

    req:

      layers: default

    concurrent_requests: 4

    mapserver:

      binary: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mapserv

      working_dir: /2T/mapproxy/mapserver

I have sample images as well but they are too large for the post..

Any help would be much appreciated.  I have playing with resolutions, tile
sizes, different grids, image resampling etc.. without any success.

Thanks!

Andrew