[MapProxy] MapProxy Windows installer

B. Baas b.baas at baasgeo.com
Tue Jan 21 14:40:57 PST 2014

Hello all,

First of all, thank you for MapProxy, I love it, so keep up the good work!

After some manual MapProxy installations on Windows, I decided to automate the process and created an installer.

The aim of this installer is to make the MapProxy installation as easy, automatic and production-ready as possible on Windows based systems. During installation, it is possible to specify the data directory, server port and whether to run as a Windows service.
It uses easy_install during setup but includes all necessary egg-dependencies for offline fallback.

When installed, it uses Portable Python to not depend or interfere on/with other Python installations. MapProxy is configured with CherryPy on top as WSGI webserver. Pywin32 is used to run MapProxy as windows service.

The installer, source-code and more information can be found at my GitHub page, http://github.com/bartbaas/MapProxyWindows. The installer is released under the GPL License.
Please let me know if this comes in handy and where is room for improvement. Of course, feel free to report issues, fork or pull.

I'm looking forward to your reactions,

Kind regards,
Bart Baas