[MapProxy] New MapProxy 1.7.0 release

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Jul 7 08:02:42 PDT 2014

Hi all,

we are pleased to announce the release of MapProxy 1.7.0. It
contains a lot of major and minor improvements.

The latest release is available at: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/MapProxy

To upgrade within your virtualenv:

    $ pip install --upgrade --no-deps MapProxy

Updated documentation is available at: http://mapproxy.org/docs/1.7.0/

== New features ==

Some noteworthy improvements since 1.6.0 are:

=== New autoconf tool ===

There is a new autoconf tool that is able to create MapProxy configurations
based on existing WMS services. It reads WMS capabilities documents and creates
sources and caches for all layers. It's a great way to get started with a new
service.

See: http://mapproxy.org/docs/1.7.0/mapproxy_util_autoconfig.html

=== Improved error handling in mapproxy-seed ===

Some services you need to seed are not as robust as you like. We improved `mapproxy-seed`
to be more resilient with unstable sources. It prints more useful error messages and retries
to request images for longer: seeding will not abort if a source is down for a few hours.

=== Python 2.5 ===

MapProxy 1.7.0 is the last release with support for Python 2.5.

=== Other fixes and changes ===

There are many more changes and improvements.
For a complete list of see: http://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/blob/1.7.0/CHANGES.txt

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn