[MapProxy] Issue installing MapProxy 1.7 on windows

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Wed Jul 9 07:46:14 PDT 2014

Hi Mark,

On 09.07.2014, at 15:24, Mark Volz wrote:
> I was unable to install MapProxy 1.7 on Windows.  I am using a virtual environment.
>
> 1)      I am unsure which GDAL package to download.  I did not see any file named gdal-19-xxxx-code.msi
> 2)      When I ran mapproxy-util the output seemed rather odd (see below)   I do not know if this is expected or not.
>

> Other than that the installation seemed to go rather smooth.  I would appreciate it If anyone could guide me to the correct gdal download, or let me know if the mapproxy-util –version output below is expected or not.

You can download GDAL from http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/
"GDAL and MapServer latest release versions" and then gdal-*-core.msi and GDAL*win*py2.*.msi package.

But GDAL is actually an optional dependency and mapproxy-util should not fail if it is missing. So you found a bug!

I just release 1.7.1 with a fix for that. Can you try it out?

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn