[MapProxy] Wrong namespace declaration in WMS 1.3.0 Capabilities xml?

Anne Blankert anne.blankert at geodan.nl
Mon Jul 28 17:02:02 PDT 2014

Hello list,

I had some trouble using the WMS 1.3.0 Capabilities xml output with
xpath parsers. Many just say the search-path is not found.

http://www.freeformatter.com/xpath-tester.html is more verbose and says:
The default (no prefix) Namespace URI for XPath queries is always '' and
it cannot be redefined to 'http://www.opengis.net/wms'.

If I understand correctly, according to
http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.3.0/capabilities_1_3_0.xsd the wms
namespace should be defined as:
xmlns:wms="http://www.opengis.net/wms"

However, in file
dist-packages/mapproxy/service/templates/wms130capabilities.xml it is
defined as:
xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/wms"

I found this to be the case in versions 1.5 and 1.7 and the latest
version on github.

Is it correct to change xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/wms" to
xmlns:wms="http://www.opengis.net/wms" in template:
mapproxy/service/templates/wms130capabilities.xml?

Thanks,

Anne Blankert