[MapProxy] Problems creating WMS from existing Tile Server

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Wed Jun 11 23:25:19 PDT 2014

On 10.06.2014, at 18:41, Thomas Konrad wrote:
> first of all: Thanks for creating MapProxy and for making it so well-documented and Open Source!
>
> I’m currently trying to create a WMS service out of a WMTS tile service (so I need a conversion between the two formats) and I’m having trouble with it. The source is the ViennaGIS multi-porpose map (https://www.wien.gv.at/stadtplan/). The capabilities document is here: http://maps.wien.gv.at/wmts/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.xml. I followed the instructions at http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapproxy/2013-August/001674.html to calculate the right scale factors and generally followed http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/configuration_examples.html#create-wms-from-existing-tile-server for the basic configuration (by the way, I’m using the 1.7.0a nightly build).

> Here’s the configuration I came up with (mapproxy.yaml):
[...]
> sources:
>  vienna_source:
>    type: tile
>    grid: vienna_grid
>    url: http://www.wien.gv.at/wmts/fmzk/pastell/google3857/%(z)s/%(y)s/%(x)s.jpeg

google3857 suggests that the tiles are in the Google/OSM webmercator grid. Have you tried GLOBAL_WEBMERCATOR?
Setting the BBOX for a grid changes how the tile coordinates are calculated. You can use the coverage feature to limit the extent of the service.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn