[MapProxy] New to MapProxy

Javier de la Torre jatorre at cartodb.com
Sat Mar 1 12:13:11 PST 2014

Hi there

I have been playing with Mapproxy and I am quite impressed. Good job with it, is fantastic.

Now, I am trying to use it as a proxy for NASA GIBS into webmercator. For example look at

http://146.185.145.247/tiles/citylights/GLOBAL_WEBMERCATOR/0/0/0.jpeg

But unfortunately the image is cut. This is the configuration I am using at MapProxy

------------------
grids:
  webmercator:
    base: GLOBAL_WEBMERCATOR
  wgs84_grid:
    base: GLOBAL_GEODETIC
    tile_size: [512, 512]
    origin: nw
    bbox: [-180, -54, 108, 90]
    bbox_srs: 'EPSG:4326’

sources:
  nasa_gibs_citylights:
    type: tile
    grid: wgs84_grid
    url: http://map1.vis.earthdata.nasa.gov/wmts-geo/VIIRS_CityLights_2012/default/EPSG4326_500m/%(z)s/%(y)s/%(x)s.jpeg

caches:
  nasa_gibs_citylights_cache:
    grids: [GLOBAL_WEBMERCATOR]
    sources: [nasa_gibs_citylights_cache_in]
    format: image/jpeg
    disable_storage: true

  nasa_gibs_citylights_cache_in:
    grids: [wgs84_grid]
    sources: [nasa_gibs_citylights]
    disable_storage: true

layers:
 - name: citylights
   title: Layer from tiles
   sources: [nasa_gibs_citylights_cache]

services:
  tms:
    use_grid_names: true
    origin: ‘nw'
———————

I suspect it has to do with the bbox defined on the grid, but changing it does not work the way I expect.

Has anybody managed to get this working?

Thanks in advance.

Javier de la Torre
@jatorre

CartoDB
247 Centre Street 6R New York, 10013,USA
+1 347 460-5284

www.cartodb.com
Map, analyze and build applications with your data