[MapProxy] How to generate blue tiles

Matt Walker walkermatt at longwayaround.org.uk
Sun Nov 2 07:09:36 PST 2014

Hi Milo,

If you are using a WMS as your source then you could set the BGCOLOR
parameter to a suitable blue and generate the sea tiles as part of your
initial seed process. Something like:

sources:
  my_wms:
    type: wms
    req:
      url: http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/path/to/my.map
      layers: layer1
      bgcolor: '0x97b3ca'

If you are on Linux you might also want to consider using
link_single_color_images option for your cache to avoid storing duplicate
files (doc:
http://mapproxy.org/docs/1.6.0/configuration.html#link-single-color-images,
example:
https://github.com/AstunTechnology/NRW_FishMapMon/blob/master/config/mapproxy/base.yaml#L31