[MapProxy] best caching system

Jeff Konnen jaykayone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 08:41:23 PDT 2014

Hi,

what is the best option for keeping a cache of a layer in the filesystem?

I've used sqlite because of the benefits of the database (vs filesystem)
and the ability to use refresh_before seeds..

But when seeding, I keep running into the following fatal error:
sqlite3.OperationalError: database is locked

Is there anything I could do here? Is is because of the concurrency of the
seeding (and the on-the-fly rendering) ?

While the file cache fills up my inodes very fast, I don't have these
locking problems..

What's the ideal solution for a layer that has to be reseeded once a week
but continuously online?

Best regards
Jeff

--