[MapProxy] How to generate blue tiles

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Thu Oct 30 15:28:04 PDT 2014

Hello list,

I am generating tiles according to a shapefile (red contour in image). When
generation is finished, I extract subsets for the smaller boxes (black
contour in image) for distribution to offline systems.

The first run currently takes more then a week to process. And in the
process, there is a lot of sea as can be seen. I need som advice:

1. Is it possible to generate blue tiles for the sea areas?
2. Do I need to do this in another run with for instance a mapserver that
only returns blue tiles in a very fast way?
3. How can I make sure that the blue tiles are overwritten when there is
data?

Any tips welcome.

Kind regards,

Milo van der Linden