[MapProxy] MultiMapProxy - concerns about performanse and best approach

Oliver Tonnhofer tonnhofer at omniscale.de
Wed Feb 25 02:21:53 PST 2015

Hi,

MultiMapProxy loads the project configurations on-demand, so it doesn’t really matter if you have 10 or 1000 configs. It caches the loaded configs in a LRU cache (Least Recently Used) so most configs should not be loaded with every request.

You can also split configs with the `base` option http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/configuration.html#base

Use MultiMapProxy if you need multiple distinct services and use `base` structure your configs and use parts in multiple MapProxy projects. You can also combine both methods.

Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | http://omniscale.com
OpenStreetMap WMS and tile services         | http://maps.omniscale.com