[MapProxy] Unicode support in layer names?

Anders Sparre Jakobsen ansj at hofor.dk
Thu Mar 12 02:50:13 PDT 2015

>> The Ø have been translated into \xd8. I have attempted to save mapproxy.yaml with ansi, utf8 and utf8-signature encodings, this does not seem to have an effect.
>> Since this is an external wms source, it is not possible to rename it.
>> How can I make this work?
>Although it shouldn't matter, what happens if you save it as ascii and escape the special character manually? See
>http://yaml.org/spec/1.2/spec.html#id2776092 for escaping information.

Hi Paul

Thank you for the suggestion.
I have tried with:

- name: SV-Oevrige_objekter
    title: SV-Oevrige objekter
    sources: ['wms_trans:\u00D8vrige_objekter']

and

- name: SV-Oevrige_objekter
    title: SV-Oevrige objekter
    sources: ['wms_trans:\xD8vrige_objekter']

In both circumstances, the escape is not interpreted so the request sent to the remote WMS is:
wms?layers=%5Cu00D8vrige_objekter&styles=