[MapProxy] MapProxy with IIS

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Mar 16 11:35:12 PDT 2015

> Hi,
>
> I assume that the installation process will be as similar as deploy
> whichever Python application under IIS, ie. Django framework:
>
> http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-python-django-web-app-windows-server/
>
> Martin
>
> Dne 16.3.2015 17:52, Martin.Icking at bentley.com wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Does MapProxy run in an IIS environment? If yes, can somebody give me some
> hints on how to set it up?
>
> I’ve been able to run a MapProxy standalone installation on Windows but for
> a production environment we’ll need to run it in a real web-server, in our
> case: IIS.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Martin

A couple years ago I had a quite bad experience with IIS. I managed to
get it working on my development server but never on the production
server. Not because of MapProxy but because the ISAPI(?) extension to
run python apps, even the simplest hello-world app.

I hope things have improved.

--
Jorge Sanz
http://www.osgeo.org