[MapProxy] Unicode support in layer names?

Anders Sparre Jakobsen ansj at hofor.dk
Thu Mar 26 00:13:46 PDT 2015

Hi Jukka,

I did try Olivers suggestion, although I could have been more clear in my response. This is what caused the traceback when attempting to use the layer.

I do agree that layer names should be kept simple. I always use English names when setting up my own services, to avoid issues like this for the service consumers.

I guess the conclusion is that this is not currently supported by Mapproxy and the question is whether it will be implemented. I have created an issue on Github (#175), hopefully it will be considered for a future release.

Best regards,
Anders