[MapProxy] MapProxy WebConf

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri May 8 00:06:12 PDT 2015

Hi all,

we are pleased to announce the development of MapProxy WebConf.

MapProxy WebConf is a small web-based configuration tool for MapProxy. The current implementation of MapProxy WebConf is able to create new configurations and to save them as .yaml files. It already allows easy configuration with drag & drop. Most MapProxy options are available in WebConf and you can edit missing options with the edit manually mode.

MapProxy WebConf is Open Source and released under the Apache Software License 2.0.

The current version shows what is possible with a sophisticated configuration tool. The integration in MapProxy, the configuration and management of seeding-tasks and the loading of existing configurations are a few larger open issues where we are looking for contributions in form of feedback, code or sponsoring.

Feel free to test the tool on our on-line demo: http://webconf-demo.mapproxy.org or check out the Source Code on GitHub
https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy-webconf

This announcement is also on our blog, if you want to share this:  http://mapproxy.org/blog/web-based-configuration-for-mapproxy/

Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | http://omniscale.com