[MapProxy] Force PNG24 on single cache

Just van den Broecke just at justobjects.nl
Wed May 13 03:38:16 PDT 2015

Hi Oliver,

Was just posting when I saw your reply. Solved as follows:

caches:
   opentopo_file_cache:
     grids: [geonovum_grid, opentopo_extent_grid]
     sources: [opentopo_wms]
     format: png8

   relief_struct_file_cache:
     grids: [geonovum_grid, opentopo_extent_grid]
     sources: [relief_struct_wms]
     format: png24
.
.

globals:
   image:
     resampling_method: bilinear
     paletted: true # or false, see below
     formats:
       png24:
         format: image/png
         colors: 0
       png8:
         format: image/png
         colors: 256
.
.

This setup allows to explicitly set either PNG8 or PNG24 per cache with
PNG24 WMS-sources.

Remaining issue is to let the client choose either PNG24 or PNG8 on the
MapProxy WMS, like:

   wms:
     srs: ['EPSG:4326', 'EPSG:900913', 'EPSG:28992']
     image_formats: ['image/jpeg', 'image/png', 'image/png; mode=24bit']

Though the latter does not seem to work. With the
globals.image.paletted: true or false the MP WMS gives PNG8 or PNG24
repectively. Caches seem not affected by globals.image.paletted:
true|false as long as the the above globals.image.formats.png8 or .png24
are set with each cache.

But glad that the initial issue is solved and may be of help to others.

Best,

Just