[MapProxy] Default TMS grid/projection?

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 07:46:31 PDT 2016

Hello!

I operate tile.openstreetmap.us, a tile caching system for OSM mappers to
use, with sources mostly specific to the US. It currently uses an older
version of TileStache and I'd like to switch it to use a recent version of
MapProxy.

In addition to this PR to get ArcGIS sources supported [0], the last hurdle
to be backwards compatible is to remove the requirement of having the
grid/projection identifier in the URL. For example, there's currently a
tile layer on tile.openstreetmap.us with tiles like this:

/usgs_large_scale/14/4190/6013.png

With MapProxy, it seems like I need to include `_EPSG3857` in the layer
name and can't set a default, so I end up with:

/usgs_large_scale_EPSG3857/14/4190/6013.png

Is there a way to have MapProxy assume EPSG3857?

Thanks!
Ian

[0] https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/pull/221