[MapProxy] multiple tile sizes for a given projection

Smodey, Jack R (DNR) jack.smodey at alaska.gov
Wed Aug 31 09:35:30 PDT 2016

Hello,

We're trying to create a configuration that will serve up both 256x256 and 512x512 tiles sizes for the global webmercator projection. Our clients are making requests using WMS. Is this possible using the same layer name? We're using mapproxy-1.8.2.

Here is an example configuration:

globals:
  cache:
    base_dir: /mnt/giscache/mapproxy/devtesting/
services:
  demo:
  kml:
    use_grid_names: true
  tms:
    origin: nw
    use_grid_names: true
  wms:
    md:
      abstract: 'This is the Alaska DNR MapProxy WMS Server'
      title: 'DNR Mapproxy WMS Proxy'
    use_grid_names: true
layers:
  - name: "dnr:MV_BOROUGH"
    sources: ["dnr:MV_BOROUGH_cache"]
    title: 'Borough Boundary'
sources:
  "dnr_MV_BOROUGH_wms":
      req:
        layers: dnr:MV_BOROUGH
        transparent: true
        url: http://dnratwtomdev.dnr.state.ak.us/geoserver/wms?
      type: wms
      wms_opts:
        legendgraphic: true
caches:
  "dnr:MV_BOROUGH_cache":
      grids: [GLOBAL_WEBMERCATOR, webmercator512]
      sources: ['dnr_MV_BOROUGH_wms']
grids:
  webmercator256:
    base: GLOBAL_WEBMERCATOR
    num_levels: 35
    res_factor: sqrt2
    tile_size:
      - 256
      - 256
  webmercator512:
   base: GLOBAL_WEBMERCATOR
    num_levels: 35
    res_factor: sqrt2
    tile_size:
      - 512
      - 512

I've tried adding separate caches for each gird but it seems to stick with just one tile size upon initialization. I will get a service exception asking me to use the proper tile size if I try requesting the other. Any ideas?