[MapProxy] Error: No such file or directory: .lck

BERÉNYI Attila aberenyi at gislab.hu
Tue Jul 26 03:38:11 PDT 2016

Hi there,

We've been fighting the same error for the last couple of days, and it
turned out that the root cause is a data error (actually a character
encoding issue in the labels) - basically this means that the lock issue in
its own is not really helpful.

You've mentioned that the data is coming from an NFS share - maybe worth
checking the I/O rates?

Cheers,
Attila

Pestereva, Anna <apestereva at aerialservicesinc.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2016.
júl. 26., K, 0:45):

> Well, so far the most sure fix has been to explicitly configure caches
> with *disable_storage: true*. Although it is a relief to not see errors
> without changing functionally for most layers (since cache is not stored
> anyway for mixed format sources) - the original question remains open, why
> would those errors appear in the first place? We'd prefer to store tiles
> for caches/sources that support it.
>
> Also, would it be correct to say that it is the best practice to
> explicitly disable storage for caches that don't save tiles anyway?
>
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 5:25 PM, Pestereva, Anna <
> apestereva at aerialservicesinc.com> wrote:
>
>> A little more information if it can help anyone notice the
>> reason/solution:
>>
>> - errors occur with caches based not on just mixed sources, but also with
>> caches based on single wms source, where cache tiles are being physically
>> saved to disk.
>> - errors occur only with the most frequently used caches
>> - configuring and using a new cache with all the same settings, but a new
>> name, helps temporarily. For some time any errors stop, but after the
>> popular layer is used a bit, errors start appearing again although at a
>> slower rate than before.
>>
>> Will be glad to hear any thoughts!
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> *Anna Pestereva, GISP | Application Developer & Cartographer*
>> *Aerial Services, Inc. (ASI) *
>> <http://aerialservicesinc.com/photoblogmetry/>
>>

> --
> *Anna Pestereva, GISP | Application Developer & Cartographer*
> *Aerial Services, Inc. (ASI) *
> Office: (319) 277-0436 | Direct: (319) 553-0261 | Mobile: (319) 830-6340
> | Fax: (866) 800-4799
> 6315 Chancellor Drive | Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
> APestereva at AerialServicesInc.com <apestereva at AerialServicesInc.com> |
> LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/annapestereva>
> *www.AerialServicesInc.com* <http://www.aerialservicesinc.com/> |
> Photo{blog}metry <http://aerialservicesinc.com/photoblogmetry/>*
> <http://www.aerialservicesinc.com/>*