[MapProxy] Passing GET Parameters to the Layer Sources

Jason Lee jaslee.st at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 10:35:29 PDT 2016

Hi,
We have a MapProxy WMS setup using our own ZXY map tiles as the tile source
with the following YAML source snippet:

sources:
  custom_source:
    type: tile
    grid: GLOBAL_WEBMERCATOR
    url: http://our.tile.server/client_a/%(z)s/%(x)s/%(y)s.png

This works fine for a map service we have set up "client_a" but I would
like it to be dynamic and specific for each client we have such that each
client cannot see another client's WMS service.

I imagine the current getCapabilities URL, "http://my.server/
webmap/service?REQUEST=GetCapabilities" could have the additional client
ID, i.e. "http://my.server/
webmap/service?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&CLIENTID=client_a" which is then
passed onto the YAML such as the following:

sources:
  custom_source:
    type: tile
    grid: GLOBAL_WEBMERCATOR