[MapProxy] MapProxy: S3 performance

giovanni.masarin at libero.it giovanni.masarin at libero.it
Tue Apr 25 03:01:01 PDT 2017

Hi, I'm testing the new s3 cache functionality.
>From the tests I am doing, I have verified that reading and writing performance are considerably lower than the traditional file system in the case of many simultaneous requests.
I noticed that a http / s connection pool is not used but a connection to s3 is instantiated for each request. Maybe this is a cause of slowing down. I know that boto3 can use connection pool, but MapProxy implementation seems not to use it. Can I force a connection pool?
Are there configurations to improve s3 cache performance?
Thank you