[MapProxy] FW: Which cache is better

Andrew, David (DPFEM) David.Andrew at dpfem.tas.gov.au
Wed Jun 7 21:29:25 PDT 2017

Hi all,
Totally a newbie regarding all things GIS
I'm trying to establish which cache type is better for a photo cache.

I'm looking to cache the orthographic photo maps for the state of Tasmania Australia, to a zoom level of 18
This will then be used by the new emergency services application to have an offline pre seeded copy.
Around 30 clients, up to 50 in a peak load like New Years eve.

I cannot seem to find anything that defines which cache style would be better or worse.
CouchDB seems interesting and replicatable
Riak seem like very fast fetch
Geopackage looks like we can copy the flat file once we get it.

If anyone has any numbers around which is better that would be great.
At the moment to download the cache takes a week or 2 for levels 17-18 from an arcgis server(10.31 newer than the cache option allow)

Thanks in advance

David Andrew
IT Services - Enterprise Systems
Business and Executive Services

Department of Police, Fire and Emergency Management
Cnr Argyle and Melville Streets, Hobart TAS 7000
David.Andrew at police.tas.gov.au<mailto:David.Andrew at police.tas.gov.au>| www.dpfem.tas.gov.au<http://www.dpfem.tas.gov.au/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
The information in this transmission may be confidential and/or protected by legal professional privilege, and is intended only for the person or persons to whom it is addressed. If you are not such a person, you are warned that any disclosure, copying or dissemination of the information is unauthorised. If you have received the transmission in error, please immediately contact this office by telephone, fax or email, to inform us of the error and to enable arrangements to be made for the destruction of the transmission, or its return at our cost. No liability is accepted for any unauthorised use of the information contained in this transmission.