[MapProxy] sqlite_timeout also for writing tiles?

Andreas Watermeyer Andreas.Watermeyer at its-telco.de
Thu Jun 22 02:38:01 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I was very excited to read about the configurable sqlite timeout and
WAL mode. I found how to configure it:
https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/blob/master/mapproxy/config/spec.py

But as I was searching for the information I also found out, that in
https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/blob/master/mapproxy/cache/sqlite.py

there is still a connect to the sqlite with a hard-coded 3 seconds
timeout, from "DatabaseStore" class, in line 341:
   self._db = sqlite3.connect(self.cache_path, timeout=3)

I wonder if this is correct or if the timeout from the config has to
be used here, too.

In our project we have problems with high latency of I/O during
writing of tiles, at certain times.
Will the timeout from the config affect this issue or must the
DatabaseStore be enhanced to adress this, too?

Best regards, and keep on doing, I think MapProxy is a really great software!
Andreas