[MapProxy] S3 cache

BERÉNYI Attila aberenyi at gislab.hu
Fri Mar 24 08:03:56 PDT 2017

Hi Martin - thanks for getting back to me.

Currently I have more-or-less the same setup with nginx - one thing that
could speed up things - that I've added to my setup - is ZFS.

However, I'm still interested in S3...I'll get to it as soon as I can, and
I'll share some benchmark results with you all.

Cheers

Martin Kokes <shr3k at typo3-hosting.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2017. márc. 23.,
Cs, 19:04):

> 22.3.2017 16:05, BERÉNYI Attila wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I'm just about to give the S3 cache backend a go (
> https://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/caches.html#s3), but I was wondering
> whether anyone uses it in production already?
> If so, any pros or cons that I should consider?
>

> Hi Attila,
>
> if you're looking for performance (and don't need accelerate WMS
> requests), I'd rather go for nginx with some rewrite rules to pass maproxy
> (and any further script processing) completely and access directly the
> filesystem in TileCache cache structure (of course, best on NVMe SSD) with
> try_files for cached tiles. You'll get amazing almost CDN-like performance
> with etag on; if_modified_since before; access_log off; for cached tiles
> ... at leave absent tiles on mapproxy.
>
> Martin

BERÉNYI Attila, PhD
ügyvezető