[MapProxy] Chance the cache using a dpi parameter from the request

Matt Walker walkermatt at longwayaround.org.uk
Mon Sep 25 03:24:21 PDT 2017

Hi Andrea,

We do something similar using a WSGI filter in front of MapProxy. In the
filter we look for DPI parameter and update the LAYERS query string
parameter to the appropriate layer based on it. Details of creating a WSGI
filter for MapProxy can be found here:
https://mapproxy.org/docs/1.10.0/auth.html. Our logic DPI logic is within
the __call__ method.

Hope that helps,

Matt.

On 22 September 2017 at 12:41, Andrea Peri <aperi2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to change the resolution of the map returned following the dpi
> parameter from the request of the gis client.
> To do this, I try to find a solution to use a different cache folder for
> the same layer when the dpi from the request are different.
>
> I try to have 2 kind of cache. One for 90 dpi and another for 300dpi.
> The layer should take from the 90 when the user do not put the dpi param
> or set explicitly the dpi=90.
> Otherwise the layer use the 300 dpi cache when the user request ask foto
> dpi=300.
>
> Is this allowed with mapproxy ?
>
> Manu THX.
> Andrea Peri