[MapProxy] WMS, max_output_pixels

dirk.thalheim at bkg.bund.de dirk.thalheim at bkg.bund.de
Tue Feb 6 04:30:37 PST 2018

Hello Markus,

we have higher values running. You can configure this in max_output_pixels in the wms section. And I think you also have to increase the max_tile_limit of the (global) cache configuration, if you are using a cache. Pay attention to the tile size, meta_size and meta_buffer when setting this value corresponding to max_output_pixels.

So our configuration looks something like:

globals:
  cache:
    max_tile_limit: 2000

#...

services:
  demo:
  wms:
    # ...
    max_output_pixels: [6000, 6000]
    # ...

As far as I know max_output_pixels limits the total area in pixels of the response image. So a request with 4500x8000 pixels would also be possible.

Kind regards, Dirk