[MapProxy] Transparent Tile Cache over Tile Server

Greg Albrecht gba at gregalbrecht.com
Mon Jul 30 11:37:45 PDT 2018

Hi All,

I'm trying to use a Special-Event PDF as a transparent layer overlay for an
existing OSM Tile Source. I've already used MapTiler to split the PDF into
the appropriate tiles and can export them as a TMS directory structure or
as a mbtiles file.

If I use a tile server to host the Special-Event tiles and use a combined
cache to provide a layer to my web browser (via WMTS), the Special-Event
tiles are transparent and I can see all the way through to the underlying
OSM tiles.

Config: https://gist.github.com/ampledata/c60602300ea02adb744b216a0b21439a

If I use a local TMS file cache to host the Special-Event tiles and use a
combined cache to provide a layer to my web browser (via WMTS), I can ONLY
see the Special-Event tiles and I cannot see the underlying OSM tiles:

Config: https://gist.github.com/ampledata/e81f8848d92621774e0cb2d3973edb64

I'd prefer using a local TMS file cache to host the Special-Event tiles,
and have them be transparent on top of the externally hosted OSM tiles. I
appreciate any pointers on what might be wrong with my config.

The tile files themselves are: "PNG image data, 256 x 256, 8-bit colormap,
non-interlaced"

Thanks,
-g

--
Greg Albrecht <gba at gregalbrecht.com> W2GMD
EMT, Emergency & Disaster Communications Supervisor