[MapProxy] MapProxy 1.13.0 + Ubuntu 20.04: PYPROJ Issue

Ken Richardson me at thekenr.com
Sun Nov 22 05:58:54 PST 2020

Hello,

I have recently rebuilt my Ubuntu Server 20.04 environment from scratch.
I am now in the process of re-installing MapProxy 1.13.0.

I'm using Python 3.8.5 in a virtual environment. The installation
appeared to go well but when I run MapProxy I'm getting a warning and
I'm not sure how to resolve it.

(mapproxy-venv) ken at ubuntu:~/mapproxy-venv$ mapproxy-util --version
*Found libproj >=5. Using this library without pyproj is deprecated and
not fully supported. Please install pyproj >= 2.**
*MapProxy 1.13.0
(mapproxy-venv) ken at ubuntu:~/mapproxy-venv$ sudo apt-get install -y
python3-pyproj
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
*python3-pyproj is already the newest version (2.5.0+ds-1).**
*0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

The problem is this: "Found libproj >=5. Using this library without
pyproj is deprecated and not fully supported. Please install pyproj >= 2."

As you can see, I have pyproj 2.5.0 installed. Why am I getting this
warning and is it something to be concerned about?

Thanks

Ken