[MapProxy] New MapProxy 1.16.0 release

Johannes Weskamm weskamm at terrestris.de
Thu Apr 13 07:40:47 PDT 2023

Hi,

We just released version 1.16.0 of MapProxy!

You can grab it as usual from https://pypi.org/project/MapProxy/

We now also have official docker images of mapproxy.

For details have a look at the updated documentation:

http://mapproxy.github.io/mapproxy/install_docker.html

Here are the major changes:

Breaking:

- Removal of old unsupported python versions 2.7 and 3.6
- Tested python version range is now 3.7 to 3.11
- Lots of dependency updates

Improvements:

- New cache: Azure Blob storage
- Lots of dependency updates
- Support for JSON legends
- Updated layer preview to use latest openlayers
- Official docker images released, documentation updated

Fixes:

- Fixed issues with sqlite cache (#629 and #625)
- Dependency correction
- library detection difficulties on some operating systems
- encoding issues with umlauts in featureinfo
- Several minor bugfixes
- mapproxy-util export - derive image format from cache config

Best regards,
Johannes