[geojquery] Name change

Thorsten Müller mueller at terrestris.de
Mon Sep 13 11:04:36 EDT 2010

  Hi list,

-1 for MapQuery

cause MapQuery sounds like a query language to me (MapQueryLanguage?)
something like: http://www.isotopicmaps.org/tmql/

Additional Google Data APIs Client Library contains a MapQuery object
http://code.google.com/intl/de-DE/apis/gdata/javadoc/com/google/gdata/client/maps/MapQuery.html

My personal ranking:
geojquery
jquery spatial (sounds good as well)
mapquery

Best regards,
Thorsten

Am 11.09.2010 18:14, schrieb Volker Mische:
> Hi All,
>
> the code sprint at the FOSS4G was great, thanks all that were coming. I
> wasn't happy with the name "geojquery" from the start, but couldn't
> think of anything better. At the code sprint that changed. Therefore I'd
> like to propose a new name we came up with at the code sprint:
>
> MapQuery
>
> Please vote on it (+1 yeah great!, 0 I don't care, -1 no! leave it as is
> or change it to something different).
>
> Feel free to propose other names.
>
> Cheers,
>    Volker

   Diplom-Informatiker Thorsten Müller
   -Information Technology Consultant-

   terrestris GmbH&  Co. KG
   Irmintrudisstraße 17
   53111 Bonn

   Tel:    ++49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -52
   Fax:    ++49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

   Email:  mueller at terrestris.de
   Web:    http://www.terrestris.de

   Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835
   Komplementärin:  terrestris Verwaltungs GmbH
   vertreten durch: Hinrich Paulsen, Till Adams