[geojquery] Playing with the prototype GeojQuery Widget

Christian Wygoda arsgeografica at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 24 14:48:58 EDT 2010

Great writeup, Anne!

Everyone can probably agree on two facts:
* jQuery-UI's factory is to be used for all visible widgets (what's an
invisible widget? :-)) except the core OL map widget.
* which factory or API-Style to use for the core map widget is an essential
question.

Pro UI-factory: It's already there and would offer the same API-Style as all
the other great widgets we will code...
Con: Added dependency with all drawbacks for a simple core map - no CDN for
customized dependency libs, etc., etc. Were set for the UI-style API.

If we want to steer off jQuery-UI's factory code then we need to decide on
an API style. As much as I understand Volker's thoughts on that topic, I
would like to point out that going down his proposed road would mean having
to learn two basic API styles for one project if it uses more than the basic
map... I urge to not go down that road as it probably would impact project
acceptance.

As much as I understand feelings about minimizing required download size -
should it be a concern that early on? API style is more important, right? Or
is it just me?

Ok, I'll try to successfully reach my final station tonight while Deutsche
Bahn tries to do anything against it... more time to think about
geojquery... :)