[MapQuery] JS compressor

Steven M. Ottens steven at minst.net
Thu Jul 14 10:09:10 EDT 2011

Thanks Drew,

Jenkins runs on linux and has node installed, so it sounds like a
perfect solution. I'll try to set it up after my holidays :)
I noticed however that uglify (and all others) produces a bigger file
than Packer (all not gzipped):

Packer 3.1: 16776 bytes (23.4%)
Closure: 26348 bytes (35.7%)
Uglify: 26494 bytes (35.9%)
YUI 2.4.2: 27163 bytes (37.9%)
Dojo: 30269 bytes (42.2%)
JSmin 31645 bytes (44.1%)
Unpacked: 73673 bytes (100%)

I find it interesting that Packer is so much smaller than the rest. If
someone does have the time to create a node.js version of Packer 3.1
that would be nice to have.

Steven