[mapserver-announce] MapServer 6.0.5, 6.2.3, 6.4.4 and 7.0.3 are released

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Mon Dec 5 12:22:14 PST 2016

Today the project team released versions 6.0.5, 6.2.3, 6.4.4 and 7.0.3 of MapServer. This is primarily a security release to address CVE-2016-9839. That issue involves OGR error messages being too verbose in some instances and potentially disclosing sensitive information if the underlying connection fails. In addition we have backported a somewhat similar fix to the 6.x series for PostGIS layers. All users are encouraged to update to the latest version as soon as possible. Source distributions are available through http://mapserver.org/ and we expect binary distributions to be updated in the near future.

Steve